wine/ ./configure ./configure.ac include/confi ...

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Fri May 10 09:05:02 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 08:33:41PM -0500, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Log message:
> 	Steven Edwards <Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com>
> 	Detect snprintf && _snprintf, use _snprintf on stupid platforms
> 	(windows).

I'm afraid that this is the wrong solution to this problem:
People using sNprintf do this sometimes for security reasons. Just ignoring
the length is very likely to cause some problems with applications that
would have been otherwise secure (I'm thinking of chatclients etc).
snprintf should either be implemented or the application simply should
not work, but making a secure app insecure is not the way to go.

  ciao
            Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know