wine/ ./configure ./ include/confi ...

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at
Fri May 10 09:18:41 CDT 2002

> I'm afraid that this is the wrong solution to this
> problem:
> People using sNprintf do this sometimes for security
> reasons. Just ignoring
> the length is very likely to cause some problems
> with applications that
> would have been otherwise secure (I'm thinking of
> chatclients etc).
> snprintf should either be implemented or the
> application simply should
> not work, but making a secure app insecure is not
> the way to go.

I thought they were the same save this :

The _snprintf vs. snprintf alternative seems to be
caused by conflicting standards: AFAIK Ansi/ISO C
requires all non-standard functions added
by the compiler to start with "_" , whereas POSIX
requires all its standard functions not to start with

Do You Yahoo!?