PATCH: libntddl.so not found

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Fri May 31 09:35:39 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:12:24AM -0700, Dustin Navea wrote:
> Hmmm, I found some problems with this:
>
> +print NEWMAKE  <<EOF;
>
> shouldn't that be printf ?

No, there are no % formatting strings inside.

> +	\@if test -f /etc/ld.so.conf -a -z "`grep \$(libdir)
> /etc/ld.so.conf`" ; \\
>
> shouldn't that be \$(LIBDIR)

No, I am evaluating the libdir Make variable.

> +		echo "	Add the line '\$(libdir)' to
> /etc/ld.so.conf" ; \\
>
> I think that escaping the $ in this line is
> unnecessary as it this prints "$(libdir)" instead of
> the contents of that variable, and also libdir should
> be capitalized there too...

perl expands that to $(libdir), which make expands to /usr/local/lib.

If I would have use $(libdir) perl would have printed $( and libdir).

> +		echo "	export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=\$(libdir):\$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ; \\
>
> Same as above except that it doesn't apply to
> \$LD_LIBRARY_PATH as we want "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" to be
> printed...

Hmm, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not printed correctly. But I do not know
how to let make escape that correctly.

Btw, why didn't you try the code before complaining?

Ciao, Marcus