header layout agreements

Christian Neumair chris at gnome-de.org
Fri Nov 1 06:12:21 CST 2002

As the topic suggests this thread focusses on the layout of our existing
wine header code. Maybe it sounds a bit pedantic but it's essential to
have unified guidelines all developers should follow:

Dimitrie O. Paun <dpaun at rogers.com> already did a great job [1]:
He just added additional comments to a common header describing exactly
what still remains to do.
We should have a unified header which contains at least:

/*
 * ...
 * ####### HEADER (normally license terms) ########
 *
 * DESC
 *   This DLL manages <...>
 *
 * FUNC
 *   -- 1st function
 *         Internal FAN flags:
 *         FAN_TASY - specifies our imaginary code
 *         FAN_TASTIC - this array stores some code (not yet
 *                      implemented)
 *   -- 2nd function
 *   -- 3rd function (not yet implemented)
 *   -- etc.
(*
 * Optional :
 *
 * TODO
 *  -- 1st function: implement FAN_TASTIC.
 *  -- yet another item
 *
 * BUGS
 *  -- 1st function: we need to handle a call without FAN_TASY being
 *     passed
 *  -- plain old item
 */)

We're already providing detailed information on parameters, return
values etc. above many functions so adding this to the file header
would just bloat it.
Comments on that, please :)

regs,
 Chris