Wine 0.8: VB compatibility !!

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Nov 8 20:24:13 CST 2002

> Make sense.  How about this: let's add a visual basic
> regression test suite to Wine.
>
> I'm not kidding!  Ought to be pretty easy to hit at
> least the non-gui parts...

I think this is a great idea.  It will be a bit challenging -
my understanding is that most VB apps that people want to use
in production are database apps, and so the trick is also making
sure that the various database engine flavors work as well.

Also, there have to be at least one or two freeware
Visual Basic programs that could be stashed somewhere
as reference programs for use in regression testing.

Jer