int21 move a0-a7

Jukka Heinonen jhei at iki.fi
Sat Nov 9 11:46:29 CST 2002

Patch a1 is wrong and must not be applied.
Function 0x0c is really a recursive call and
cannot be handled this way. Simple fix would be to call
DOSVM_Int21Handler from function 0x0c handler after
AH register has been modified (and lets add a detailed
comment here this time so everybody understands what 0x0c
really does...).

Call me blind, but I fail to see how DOSCONF_config
gets initialized after patch a2.

This set of patches break DOS3Call and calling INT21
using VXDs and DeviceIoControl. I have no idea
how much these interfaces are used but I guess this will be
fixed in a future patch?

Actually the same problem exists with all those interrupt handlers
that can be invoked through VXDs. However, other handlers do still work
because I have not yet posted patches that touch those handlers.
I already know how to fix this issue but I want to work slowly and
wait until pending interrupt patches either get applied or rejected before
posting anything new. Nogs patches already modify the same files as
my patches and I want things to stabilize a bit.

Anyway, I don't have time for reviewing patches of this size;
those above comments were produced by quickly scanning through
the patches and they were really easy to spot. I give up and
leave fixing int21 stuff to Nog.

--
Jukka Heinonen <http://www.iki.fi/jhei/>