resend update to sgml documentation

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sun Nov 10 16:52:26 CST 2002

Le dim 10/11/2002 à 17:35, Tony Lambregts a écrit :
> Vincent Béron wrote:
>
> >Le ven 08/11/2002 à 23:27, Tony Lambregts a écrit :
> >

> >>+
> >>+          <listItem><para>
> >>+          run make_winehq
> >>

> >I think the proper way would be to call make doc or make allseparate
> >(with my patch applied).
> >make_winehq is more of a hack to generate html with another dsl file,
> >more suitable for HTML files to be put on www.winehq.org or another
> >webserver. For end-user documentation, make {doc, allseparate} is the
> >way to go.
> >

> What would be the syntax then if I wanted to only build  the user guide PS
> "make (wine-user, ps)" or   have I missed you it completely?

make wine-user.ps

If you want the 4 separate pdf, it would be
make allseparatepdf

If you want all the separate ps, pdf and html, it would be
make allseparate

I must say that the actual target name (for multiple builds) are not
very good. Somebody has some ideas?

> >Actually, the advantage of make_winehq is to be able to cvs co
> >wine/documentation only, and still be able to build the doc. So you
> >could reflect that in the doc.
> >

> I must be thick... I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

As stated in the comments at the beginning of make_winehq, you can do
cvs co wine/documentation (checkout only the documentation from CVS)
cd wine/documentation
make_winehq

and the docs will be built. You'll have the 4 separate guides plus
wine-doc in html, ps and pdf format (wine-doc only in html), plus
another set of HTML files which use some server-side includes. And
you'll get some tarballs of all that, including the sgml source.

Does it make sense now?

Vincent