resend update to sgml documentation

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Sun Nov 10 18:49:56 CST 2002

Vincent Béron wrote:

>Le dim 10/11/2002 à 17:35, Tony Lambregts a écrit :
>

>>Vincent Béron wrote:

>>>I think the proper way would be to call make doc or make allseparate
>>>(with my patch applied).
>>>make_winehq is more of a hack to generate html with another dsl file,
>>>more suitable for HTML files to be put on www.winehq.org or another
>>>webserver. For end-user documentation, make {doc, allseparate} is the
>>>way to go.
>>>

>>What would be the syntax then if I wanted to only build  the user guide PS
>>"make (wine-user, ps)" or   have I missed you it completely?
>>

>make wine-user.ps
>
>If you want the 4 separate pdf, it would be
>make allseparatepdf
>
>If you want all the separate ps, pdf and html, it would be
>make allseparate

Ok there are four guides

wine-user
wine-devel
winelib-user
wine-pkg

and three formats (extentions)

.html
.pdf
.ps

So with your patch applied I can build any of the guides in any format I choose by picking the guide and the format extention. However none of these combinations build wine-doc.html

ie "make wine-user.html" builds just the wine users guide in html

you can also create the man page wint the command

make wine.man

>I must say that the actual target name (for multiple builds) are not
>very good. Somebody has some ideas?

What would be wrong with the following targets

everything    All the guides in all the formats + wine-doc.html and the
man page
allguides     All the guides in all formats + wine-doc.html
allhtml       All the guides in html + wine-doc.html
allpdf        All the guides in pdf
allps         All the guides in ps

>>>Actually, the advantage of make_winehq is to be able to cvs co
>>>wine/documentation only, and still be able to build the doc. So you
>>>could reflect that in the doc.
>>>

>>I must be thick... I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
>>

>As stated in the comments at the beginning of make_winehq, you can do
>cvs co wine/documentation (checkout only the documentation from CVS)
>cd wine/documentation
>make_winehq
>
>and the docs will be built. You'll have the 4 separate guides plus
>wine-doc in html, ps and pdf format (wine-doc only in html), plus
>another set of HTML files which use some server-side includes. And
>you'll get some tarballs of all that, including the sgml source.
>
>Does it make sense now?

Doh!...   I am Thick!

Is it OK with you to put that in the documentation? or is that (TM.)

--

Tony Lambregts