Wine button take 2

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Mon Nov 11 17:33:11 CST 2002

Francois Gouget a écrit:

>On 11 Nov 2002, Mike Hearn wrote:
>

>>Here's my next attempt. It's smaller, thinner, anything I missed?
>>
>>A few things to consider
>>
>>- Biggest issue, what happens if we ask somebody to put up a Works With
>>Wine button, and then they release a new version that doesn't? Do they
>>take the button down?
>>

>The application database distinguishes between different versions of an
>application, i.e. it has separate pages for WinZip 8.1 and WinZip 2002.
>So the button could point to the page of the latest version known to
>work in Wine.

Remember that the button is on a site we do not control, so it might be
a good idea to have it point to a static URL (not static page)
redirecting to the last known good in AppDB. Else, new versions of
either the application or Wine can change the status, and it would be
too much to ask the maintainers of the application website to change
their link every now and then, when a new version of either comes out.

Vincent