DIB engine

David Hammerton david at transgaming.com
Wed Nov 13 13:46:32 CST 2002

Hey Alexandre,

> Note that simply merging the existing code is not enough, you'll need
> to fix the architecture. IMO it needs to be based on the DC driver
> interface, but this will also require some changes to that interface.

I presume with this you mean the way we hooked the dibengine into the x11drv?

What we did (it's been a while, but if my memory serves) is modify x11drv's
/graphics/x11drv/graphics.c so that the gdi calls were routed to the
dibengine if the dibsection (or whatever) it's rendering to is in appmod.
There is a very good reason for this:

If we just always used the dibengine no matter what, we would sometimes 'lose'
on the whole coerce thing - what if the dibsection (or whatever) is in
gdimod, we'd then have to do a whole copy of it back to sync things up, which
is just silly when we could use x11's renderer (the image is already over

David Hammerton
TransGaming Technologies Inc.
david at transgaming.com