Fw: Re: Filesystem change notifications

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Thu Nov 14 11:12:36 CST 2002

Havoc Pennington wrote:

>GNUCash has something like 40 dependencies including a lot of very
>unstable/unfinished APIs. FAM is 1 dependency and while it sucks, it
>doesn't change very often (or at all that I know of).

FAM is one. Freetype is one. CUPS is one. OpenGL (mesa) is also one.
They do add up, however.

It's not that I am for adding everything inline. That's not a good idea.
Also, I think a Windows compatibility layer can be forgiven for having
more dependancies than a personal finance program. This holds especially
true if non-core windows functionality is only available if the external
library is available at runtime (i.e. - no fribidi install - no Hebrew
support in Wine. No CUPS installed - no printing available etc.). I'm
not sure this holds true to something which is a core Windows function.

                Shachar