Fw: Re: Filesystem change notifications

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 14 13:26:55 CST 2002

Hi,

Personally, I think it would be better to use fcntl(F_NOTIFY), then
fallback to FAM and finally no change notification. BSD can allways
implement it natively too.

Put it this way: if we believe 90% of Wine users are using Linux, and
%50 of users have FAM, then it would be logical to use F_NOTIFY instead
of FAM, so that it works for most users with no effort on their half.

Mike