msvcrt vs std incl

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Tue Nov 19 12:38:23 CST 2002

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 12:09 pm, Vincent Béron wrote:
> Greg Turner a écrit:
> > Actually, I have similar questions about the programs and dlls
> > trees of wine... for example, Alexandre has requested that I remove
> > #ifdef's from rpcss... but can I safely code against the assumption
> > that defined(NO_NAMELESS_STRUCT)?  The answer (or, more precisely,
> > the ability to answer for myself without bothering you all about
> > it) lies in knowing what the "officially" supported usage scenarios
> > for the rpcss code are... but I'm not sure I do.
>
> DEFS        = @DLLFLAGS@ -DSTRICT -DNONAMELESSUNION
> -DNONAMELESSSTRUCT $(EXTRADEFS)
>
> in Makeprogs.rules.in should answer one of your questions.
>
> Vincent

that is clear, indeed, but what I don't know is, should I be worried
that somebody is compiling, say, under MSVC, completely outside of the
control of the wine configure/make, where, in fact,
!defined(NONAMELESSSTRUCT) && !defined(NONAMELESSUNION)...?

--
gmt

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things;
the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic
feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much
worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing
to fight; nothing he cares about more than his own
personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no
chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the
exertions of better persons than himself."

-- John Stuart Mill