Listview WM_NOTIFYFORMAT and LVN_GETDISPINFO

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Nov 21 09:28:34 CST 2002

On November 21, 2002 10:19 am, Aric Stewart wrote:
>    I wondered if you had found a counter example in your own tests, or
> if you had just assumed that windows would act rationally. If it was an
> assumption then I will happily make a patch that mimic the behavior of
> my test program. If you have your own windows test program that shows
> other behavior maybe you can send it to me and we can see what is wrong
> with my test program.

Actually, I don't have a test for the WM_NOTIFYFORMAT. In fact, I was just
looking at it, trying to compare it to the Treeview case which doesn't work
at the moment, and I think the one in Listview is buggy, at least according
to the documentation. To cut a long story short: yeah, a patch is greatly
appreciated! :)

BTW, this is the problem with the Treeview as well, if I understand
correctly. It is asked in WM_NOTIFYFORMAT to be Unicode, but when it
does, nothing works. So my question is: when is a control supposed to
be Unicode? WTF is going on here???

--
Dimi.