Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Nov 21 20:53:50 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at> writes:

>   I found out that working out of the tree is very useful. I'm certain
>   other Wine developers will find the same. Your answer is
> 	"Don't do it!".
>   which I don't think is reasonable given the current state of affairs.

No, I agree it's useful, and I'm willing to apply a patch if it's
clean enough (your first one isn't really IMO). I just don't agree
that it's a necessary fix to make Winelib usable, because it's not the
normal usage; and IMO we should encourage people to use the normal way
even if it's a bit more painful at first. But we can certainly have a
patch for people like you who persist in using it the wrong way <g>

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at