winewrapper

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Nov 21 20:38:52 CST 2002

On November 21, 2002 09:20 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> the main issue is identifying the problems and defining exactly what
> we need it to do. And I think the right approach is to have Wine
> developers like you try to port apps, because you know how to work
> around the problems;

We are on the same page then! :) I've already submitted patches/bugs for
the other problems. But there's only one where we have a bit of a
stumbling block:
  I found out that working out of the tree is very useful. I'm certain
  other Wine developers will find the same. Your answer is
	"Don't do it!".
  which I don't think is reasonable given the current state of affairs.
  So then I ask: how can those Wine developers figure out how to run
  out of the tree? Where should they turn to? Should each and every
  Wine developer go through the pain, wasting time, trying to answer
  this very question?
  If you want to put this functionality in another script, that's fine
  with me, but I would like to have a place to (1) collect what I've
  discovered in my experiments, and (2) point people to when they are
  trying to do what I have done.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not arguing for the pleasure of arguing here.
I'm just looking for a solution for the above problem. I'd like to be
able to document on the Fun Project Page how one goes about compiling
a Winelib app. And having such useful scripts in the tree would help
a lot.

--
Dimi.