winewrapper

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Fri Nov 22 04:12:48 CST 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 09:45:01AM +0100, Martin Wilck wrote:
> Am Fre, 2002-11-22 um 00.41 schrieb Dimitrie O. Paun:
>
> > If Wine was a mature, stable project, I'd agree with you. But it's not.
> > The ability to make a small change in Wine, go back to the Winelib app,
> > and test it, is invaluable. I would have simply given up debugging PuTTY
> > f I had to go through a wine install for every little test and experiment
> > I was making.
>
> For me it was quite ok to do a "make install" only in the dll subdirs
> where I had modified something.
<aol>me too</aol>
In the dlls subdirs i also normaly type "make install" instead of
"make". Ok, it's a word more to type but it was easier for me to using
it in the "natural way" aka installing wine, then to figure it out how
to run it directly from the sources.

bye
	michael
System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart