Some fixes in capabilities

Medland, Bill Bill.Medland at accpac.com
Tue Nov 26 16:26:19 CST 2002

snip
> > Note: is there a way from DLL X to activate relay debugging
> ? What happens
> >       is that SS2 somehow freezes at one point and doing a
> relay trace from
> >       the start is about a 3 GB file... So what I would
> like to do is at a
> >       specific function in the D3D code that I know to be
> just before the
> >       freeze, call 'activate relay' and voila, I have
> relaying on :-) (to be
> >       able to do that for all DLLs would be even better).
> >
> >       But well, considering DLL separation and all that, I
> doubt that this
> >       would be possible :-/
>
> Oh pleeeeze... I thought that at least the Wine developers are reading
> the wine docu properly... ;-)
>
> Let's see... first you use completely inacceptable words, and then
> you admit to never reading the docu... bad, bad, very bad guy. :)
>
> Read wine.man. It explains how to do relay logging for a single DLL.
> Although I'm afraid that this might actually be broken at the moment
> maybe :-\

Unfair.

That doesn't help someone who wants a full relay trace because they don't
know where the problem is, but doesn't want to start until close to the
problem.  I have myself wished we had the capability.  Admittedly my traces
were smaller than 3GB but I would be very happy to get rid of the top 100MB
of the trace.

> --
> "My attitude is, everybody should try competing with
> Microsoft once in their life. Once."
> - Marc Andreessen, former Netscape lead employee, in a
> "browser wars" interview

Bill