Some fixes in capabilities

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Tue Nov 26 18:32:05 CST 2002

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> writes:
>

>>Ie, the program starts, loads the level / stuff for 10 minutes (and whould
>>have produced a 2.5 GB log unreadable without big file support) and then
>>only the last 10 seconds are important. So I would like to only relay these.
>>

>The easy way would be to print some magic string at that point, and
>pipe the output into a sed that deletes everything before that
>string. It will still be a bit slow though.
>
>The harder way is to call wine_dbg_parse_options("+relay"). This would
>work for a normal debugging option, but for relay there is some work
>that needs to be done at startup so you need to handle that too. A way
>would be to start with +relay, turn it off with wine_dbg_parse_options,
>and then turn it on again when needed.

As Lionels problem is not by any means unique Iwould think that this
should be documented somewhere. I was thinking of adding a section to
the wine developers guide along the lines of (semi) Advanced Debuging
Techniques. This section would include how to put a  breakpoint for some
complex condition into the code.  and  adding some a magic strings to
trace logs.

While I am on the subject: as I mentioned in my other mail on this
subject. Turning on gdi in winedbg (or any other channel/api that the
debugger uses) will include calls from winedebug as well as the program
I am debugging. This is an unhelpfull situation.

I think it would be helpfull to change this behavior so that calls from
winedbg messages do not get logged along with the programs. Is this
possible and if so is it something that someone as faint-of-skill as
myself would be able to tackle. Pointers, Comments, Flames...?

--

Tony Lambregts