New header winternl.h

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Sep 8 12:55:39 CDT 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Jürgen Schmied wrote:

> > And do what?
> > As I said above wintrnl.h can't include ntddk.h.
> >
> > Of course we can just include it as it is and don't use it...
> I would do nothing as long as nobody needs it. There are many *.h files
> in the SDK that we don't have and nobody missed them till today.

Missing headers are making the lives of Winelib users pretty hard: the
first time they try to compile their application they get tons of
errors. They first wonder what they are doing wrong, then why Wine does
things differently from Windows, is there a hidden reason, and then how
the hell they are going to fix the headers and their messy dependencies
and whether they should not rather completely give up.

Now, I'm not saying we should spend all our time trying to make sure our
headers are perfect rather than improving binary emulation. As with
everything this is a question of balance.

Now concerning this header, since it's so new (and quite useless) it
certainly isn't going to be a problem soon and as you pointed out we
definitely have other header issues to tackle first. Still if we can
find an easy nice solution, let's go for it (unfortunately that does
not appear to be the case).

A particle is an irreducible representation of the Poincaré Group - Eugene Wigner