WineLib and DLLs

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at
Thu Sep 12 16:58:19 CDT 2002

>I'm writing a WineLib DLL that makes calls in my own Windows DLLs
>(not Wine's DLLs).  I have the header files for those DLLs, and the
>Windows binaries for them.  How do I link to them?  Do I need to
>them in spec files?  What do I need to put into my

look at tools/winedump. In spec mode it will generate everything you
need to link to this dll - a makefile and dummy implementation, spec
file and a script to insert it into your existing WINE tree (to link
with). The README gives instructions for exactly this case (and some
other more advanced ones).

"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines