WineLib and DLLs

steve.lustbader at steve.lustbader at
Thu Sep 12 17:47:12 CDT 2002

If possible, I don't want to insert it into the wine tree,
I want to leave it in the source tree of my program.

Is including it in the wine tree the only way to link with it?

                      Jon Griffiths
                      <jon_p_griffiths             To:  Steven Edwards <steven_ed4153 at>
            >                  cc:  wine-devel at
                      Sent by:                      (bcc: Steve Lustbader/ANR/MS/PHILIPS)
                      wine-devel-admin             Subject:   Re: WineLib and DLLs
                      09/12/2002 05:58
                      Please respond

>I'm writing a WineLib DLL that makes calls in my own Windows DLLs
>(not Wine's DLLs).  I have the header files for those DLLs, and the
>Windows binaries for them.  How do I link to them?  Do I need to
>them in spec files?  What do I need to put into my

look at tools/winedump. In spec mode it will generate everything you
need to link to this dll - a makefile and dummy implementation, spec
file and a script to insert it into your existing WINE tree (to link
with). The README gives instructions for exactly this case (and some
other more advanced ones).

"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines