recognize Unix-style hidden files

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il
Sat Sep 14 04:23:55 CDT 2002

Francois Gouget wrote:

>Yes, you configure this via Explorer. I assume it sets a registry key
>which is then used by the "open dialog" in common dialogs. We need to
>use the same registry key, and then to put the cherry on top of the cake
>we should provide a way for the user to change it's value (something
>better than regapi xxx). That's more or less what I proposed in a
>previous email (though it was about another flag).

Modifying this attribute changed a value on my Windows 2000. Under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
Hidden(dword) was 1 for "show", and 2 for "hide".

There were a bunch of values on the same key that were affected by all
the other settings (file extensions, protected), but this seems to be
the key your'e after.

                Shachar