wine status page

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Sat Sep 21 13:44:06 CDT 2002

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, tom wrote:
> I am going to start the ToDo's as well.
> I need some feed back here about how best to do this ..
> Should I just look at the ToDo's to get to .9 and post them
> or up to 1.0 ??
> Also  if anyone is aware of a current ToDo that is not on the
> .9/1.0 pages  can you please send them to me ?

If there is something missing please let me know too so that I can
update the 0.9/1.x task lists:

About VxDs, why is the implementation status 5%? Are there more VxDs
that we should implement? If not and the existing ones are doing their
job, then maybe the implementation status should be higher: 90% or

Concerning 'How to use Winelib': I would change its status from
'Adequate' to outdated, and completion from 90% down to something like
50%. Though in the case of documentation I have trouble separating
documentation from implementation. Similarly the 'Wine Porting Tool'
documentation is getting outdated.

Nitpick: I would also rename the 'multimedia drivers' (OSS, Alsa, aRts,
NAS, AudioIO) to 'sound drivers', or are they handling anything else?

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
The nice thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing quite respectable
                                  -- Paul Dean