MZ_FillPSP() in dlls/winedos/module.c

chrismorgan at chrismorgan at
Tue Sep 24 10:51:19 CDT 2002

I have a script that passes a long argument string when calling a command handler( or other comspec replacement).  This code inside of MZ_FillPSP()

if(length > 126) {
  ERR("Command line truncated! (length %d > maximum length 126)\n", length;
  length = 126;

is breaking my application by truncating the 200+ character argument at 126 characters.  Do we still need to truncate at 126?  Afaict having more than 126 characters may exceed some default.  Can someone shed more light on the historical reasons behind this code and whether more intelligent truncation can be performed?