twickline2 at triad.rr.com
Sat Sep 28 14:29:11 CDT 2002
Here is the current state of the ToDo's.
If anyone is aware of changes that need to be made
please let me know .
Wine ToDo's as of 9/26/02
Contact : twickline2 at triad.rr.com
Wine ToDo OverView
* Window management needs proper inter-process handling of
activation, focus, repaint.
National Language Support:
* ASCII function work
* Winsock1 calls,in particular select(),use direct system calls
instead of using related wine APIs
* More unit tests need to be written
* Make sure OOB data is handled properly. Check client-size blocking.
* WS2: Support other kind of services, like IrDA.
* Fix stubs left in ws2_32.spec.
* Make the latency configurable (tunable).
* More intelligent prebuffering.
* Complete support for hardware secondary buffers through the HAL
(for a future ALSA multimedia wave audio driver).
* 3D sound buffers.
* Sound capture (recording).
* Alsa driver (on final 0.9 interface)
* Implement native codecs (RLE...)
* Write a DIB engine
* DIB engine to do 32-bit graphics manipulation
* Enhance memory management issues (interprocess sending)
* Add a (n)curse backend so that we can run CUI programs without
using USER32 (and X11 behind)
* Winhelp: fix invocation thru WinHelp
* Winedbg: make winedbg use dbghelp DLL
* Implement NT file namespace
* UNC support
* Allow flexibility in FS "mounting" (for example, SMB shares)
* Support for non-TT fonts (eg Type1, bitmap, ...)
* Support for client side rendering on non-RENDER enabled XServers
* Subpixel rendering - a.k.a. ClearType.
* Integration with libfontconfig
* Reduce per font startup time.
* Libfontconfig support
* Write a printer configuation applet
* Fix the Type1 font downloader for HP4000 printers
* Wine installation process should install and configure wine
* Winemaker fixes
* Run C regression tests on Windows with MSVC
* Compile Wine with -DSTRICT
* Work on WRC as it does not find system headers
* Write a proper Users Guide Introduction
* Documentation updates
Aspect or Component:
* More DLL Separation
* BiDi support
* Review of Wine Server Protocol
* Finalize Server Protocol
* PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules)
* Visual C++'s native COM support
* Add DWARF2 support
* Speed up PDB support
* Create replacement of browser component (Internet Explorer/I
Porting issues for Mingw/Cygwin/MS_VC
* Better seperation of win16/32 code.
* Remove/rewite win16/9x api dependancy on newer code
* Remove/rewrite wineisms from code
* Rewrite/fix unixisms in most WINE dlls
* Documentation fixes
low priority items:
* VxD support with dynamic loading
Add links to:
For a full list of .9/1.0 task's
More information about the wine-devel