About new RH glinc issue [Repost]

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 10 14:34:46 CDT 2003

 --- David Fraser <davidf at sjsoft.com> a écrit : > Sylvain Petreolle
> >This is what I received today from Red Hat Network, maybe it could
> our issue.
> Can't read it nicely :-) can you put it in as part of the main body
> of
> the message? (remembering flame wars about patches)
> David
Yahoo Mail has perhaps a problem, resending it without attachment.
Red Hat Network has determined that the following advisory is
applicable to

one or more of the systems you have registered:

Complete information about this errata can be found at the following

Bug Fix Advisory - RHBA-2003:136-07

glibc bugfix errata

New glibc packages that fix a number of bugs are now available.

The glibc packages contain standard libraries that are used by many

The following bugs have been fixed:

- A bug in pthread_cond_wait() which could cause programs hangs in some

- A bug in pthread_cond_timedwait() which could lead to crashes during

pthread_exit or thread cancellation

- Problems with destructors registered with pthread_key_create()

- glibc 2.0.x compatibility was missing

Users impacted by these bugs should upgrade to the updated glibc

which resolve these problems.

Taking Action

You may address the issues outlined in this advisory in two ways:

     - select your server name by clicking on its name from the list

       available at the following location, and then schedule an

       errata update for it:

     - run the Update Agent on each affected server.

Changing Notification Preferences

To enable/disable your Errata Alert preferences globally please log in
to RHN

and navigate from "Your RHN" / "Your Account" to the "Preferences" tab.

You can also enable/disable notification on a per system basis by
selecting an

individual system from the "Systems List". From the individual system

click the "Details" tab.

Affected Systems

According to our records, this errata may apply to one or more of the

systems that you've profiled with Red Hat Network.  To see precisely

systems are affected, please go to:

The Red Hat Network Team

This message is being sent by Red Hat Network Alert to:

    RHN user login:        skaalmind

    Email address on file: <s.petreolle at libertysurf.fr>

If you lost your RHN password, you can use the information above to

retrieve it by email from the following address:

To cancel these notices, go to:

Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.