OLE storage SetFilePointer fix

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Apr 13 21:11:48 CDT 2003

On April 13, 2003 03:13 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> The real problem I think is that there is no external way to determine
> the pending/rejected/dropped status of a patch, and I understand this
> can be frustrating. This is where a tracking system could help;

I'm not sure we really need such a fancy system. The process as you
describe it is great, and it's what I'd do if I were in your place
as well. But if you look at it, the only patches that are problematic
are the ones that remain in the "pending" state too long. Unfortunately,
no system can help there -- it is only you that knows if the patch is
still pending, or got rejected. At that point, I don't see the advantage
in going to another system to say "REJECTED" (and hopefully supply a
reason), or simply press the Reply button to do the same thing. The only
thing that I see at the moment that can bring a little improvement is if
you can teach your mail client to deal with a few canned replies.

--
Dimi.