Support for pkgconfig

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Apr 14 14:48:10 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn <m.hearn at> writes:

> In fact, for a lot of uses I believe simply exporting LoadLibrary and
> GetProcAddress would be enough - it's often for things like codecs with
> few entry points. Doesn't need to be a part of the traditional build
> process.

For that, using Wine is a bit overkill; all you need is a PE loader
and some glue code depending on what dll you are trying to load. You
are much better off copying a few bits of Wine source into your app
than trying to make use of the unmodified Wine dlls. That's basically
the mplayer approach.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at