oleaut32 patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Apr 21 23:02:33 CDT 2003

Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> writes:

> The oaidl_p.c is almost unmodified MIDL output generated from Wine's
> oaidl.idl (I only had to add an #undef __WINE__ at the top to get all
> the Winelib definitions, perhaps this isn't needed under Wine anymore),
> so it shouldn't be hard to maintain, and Alexandre once said MIDL output
> is acceptable as a stopgap solution. I don't know if proper
> InstallShield repaint support calls for stopgaps, though.

One problem is that this code causes hundreds of warnings, and I don't
think that's acceptable (it also fails to link but that could be fixed
by adding a few stubs). We could fix the warnings manually but that
will cause obvious maintenance problems. How far are we from being
able to generate that with widl?

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com