winehq mailing list archives being harvested by spammers

Duane Clark dclark at
Thu Apr 24 12:46:05 CDT 2003

Dan Kegel wrote:
> Right, which is why I went on to say:
>>  * simply obscuring all email addresses in message headers or trailers
>>That last countermeasure is my favorite one, since it means that
>>Google will still have full access to the info in the list archive.

And I will just add that there have been a number of complaints to both
the various lists and administrator email addresses recently, which make
it clear that spammers are indeed currently harvesting email addresses
off the wine archives. I agree that the archives really do need to
obscure them.