[winegcc06] Delayed import

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Aug 20 01:06:05 CDT 2003

On August 19, 2003 03:51 pm, Richard Cohen wrote:

> The ld documentation certainly doesn't mention delay loading and I can't
> find a reference on the binutils mailing list.
>
> MS: /DELAYLOAD
> Borland: -d
> Irix: -delay_load
> winebuild: -d and --delay-lib
>
> so I would suggest either -delay_load or (my favourite) -delay-load.

I'm not sure anything starting with -d is a good candidate due to
the current use of -d in gcc.

> It doesn't really matter if we have it first - we can always change it
> later.

That's not a good strategy, we'll have to be in line with the gcc
people, and breaking compatibility like so is no good. Let's float
the question on their mailing list before we settle on something.

> In any case, we need to have our own extensions - eg to stop
> winewrap creating a wrapper script.

I don't think this is a good idea. This is an implementation detail
that I'd rather not export -- we hope to get rid of this wrapper
sooner or later. Why do you want to disable it?

--
Dimi.