Porting to OpenBSD 3.4-beta

Dan Brosemer odin at cleannorth.org
Sat Aug 23 21:13:58 CDT 2003

First, if this is the wrong list for this, I appologize and please point me
at the correct list.

I have been trying to port Wine, WineX, or ReWind to OpenBSD 3.4-beta for
the past week.  I've made the most progress with ReWind, so that is what
this post will focus on.

Where I'm stumbling right now, I believe, is in the dll loader:

odin at sleipnir:p6[~/.wine/c]$ wine windows/Sol.exe
err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll ntdll.dll still not found - library environment problem or version conflict, check your setup.
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) ntdll.dll (which is needed by wine) not found

Now, it _is_ actually loading libntdll.so, I can see this with ktrace:

   181 wine     NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/libntdll.so"
   181 wine     RET   open 3
   181 wine     CALL  read(0x3,0xcfbefdbc,0x1000)
   181 wine     GIO   fd 3 read 4088 bytes
       "\^?ELF\^A\^A\^A\0\0\0\0\0\0  ......

I see that message is in relay32/builtin32.c, printed if MODULE_FindModule
returns nothing.

In MODULE_FindModule in this loop:
    for ( wm = MODULE_modref_list; wm; wm = wm->next )

I added a printf("MOD: %s\n", wm->modname);  which prints out "MOD: wine"
four times before the error message above.

I'm curious how MODULE_modref_list is seeded.  That's where I think I'll
find a clue to my problem.  Could anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance.

"Burnished gallows set with red
 Caress the fevered, empty mind
 Of man who hangs bloodied and blind
 To reach for wisdom, not for bread."  -- Deoridhe Grimsdaughter