Problems building dlls for use with winelib (was: spec file syntax and automated generation)

Martin Tröster troymcclure at web.de
Mon Aug 25 03:06:07 CDT 2003

Dimi,

thanks for the information, especially to use gcc instead of winegcc to
build the final library. The small sample dll now links without any
problems.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:12:40 -0400
"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:

> (5) is missing the libs, no? The rule from the tree is:
>
> $(MODULE).so: $(MAINSPEC).o $(ALL_OBJS) Makefile.in
>         $(LDSHARED) $(LDDLLFLAGS) $(MAINSPEC).o $(ALL_OBJS) -o $@
>         -L$(DLLDIR) $(LDIMPORTS:%=-l%) $(ALL_LIBS) -lc
>
> where ALL_LIBS is:
>
> ALL_LIBS    = $(LIBWINE) $(EXTRALIBS) $(LIBPORT) $(LDFLAGS) $(LIBS)
>
> So I guess at a minimum you need to add:
>
>   -L/usr/local/lib -lwine -lm -lc
>
> But to be on the safe side, add:
>
>    -lwine -lwine_port -lwine_unicode -lwine_uuid -lm -lc
>
> plus all the imports!

Concerning imports, do I have to specify the wine libraries like
kernel32.dll.so explicitly, or are these linked automagically when
specifying -lwine? If I have to specify them, how do I link a library
that does not follow the naming conventions lib<libraryname>.so?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Martin