Wine 0.9 progress

Jon Bright jon at siliconcircus.com
Thu Aug 28 11:20:46 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> The only question is: how hard is it to send an email through
> the Win32 API (sorry, never used that before)?

No idea about using Win32 specific facilities for mail-sending, but I
have SMTP client code using Winsock to do this in a touch over 100
(dull, uninteresting) lines.  The way I do this is to specify my own
mail server by default, skipping any local servers.  If the user can't
do that (firewall reasons, etc.), I provide the option for them to
configure their local mail server (also From: address, etc.)

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.