[winecfg 1.1] Implement saveConfigValue(), style changes, code cleanup, UI alignment

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Aug 28 15:02:39 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> writes:

> If we want to do that, it's worth deciding now, as it affects how
> winecfg operates. At the moment changes to the GUI are moved to and fro
> the structure in bulk, then the struct is saved to the registry, again
> in bulk. That lets us do "OK/Cancel". If we want instant apply, that
> complicates things.

It should definitely be possible to apply a subset of changes; we
don't want to rewrite the full config everytime a change is made. If I
toggle the "managed" flag for instance I expect that specific key to
be written to the registry, nothing else. Yes, it will complicate the
implementation a bit...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com