Started playing with Wineserver on mingw/cygwin again

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 12:21:53 CST 2003

> OK, as far as I understand it this means we need to implement a cygwin
> version of get_thread_context
> and set_thread_context in server/context_i386.c.
> What I'm not sure about is, when running wineserver on cygwin, would the
> threads created in Wine have
> a one-to-one correspondence to Windows threads? Or would they be
> strange, different, unix-style threads
> which cygwin then maps down to Windows threads?
> Could we go straight down to the underlying win32 api and do a
> GetThreadContext there? Is that cheating?
>
> David

I'm not sure if it is cheating or not. I tried to write a little wrapper that just forwards our
implementation to the Windows kernel32 GetThreadContext a while back but in the current Wine
Windows.h you can't include it internaly so I never did much more with it. Everyone already knows
I dont write good code so I have never tried to do more with it untill now.

Thanks
Steven