Yardi works!

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Feb 3 02:23:40 CST 2003

Dan Kegel wrote:
> I got Yardi Professional (the low-end version of the
> products at http://www.yardi.com) running under Wine,
> at least with its sample database!
> And it doesn't look bad.  I guess someone
> with a real Yardi installation will just have to try
> it sometime soon to see if it works on real data,
> with the data stored on a network drive.

Forgot the details.  To install and run it, you
currently need to copy a number of DLLs from
a real windows system.  When I run, I use
the commandline
   wine --dll compobj,storage,ole2,ole32=n Y.EXE
Same thing when installing.

FWIW,
wine --dll storage,ole2,ole32=n Y.EXE
or
wine --dll compobj,ole2,ole32=n Y.EXE
gives the warning "loading builtin ole32.dll,
but native version already present.  Expect trouble."
and fails.

wine Y.EXE
fails with an exception in 16 bit code, possibly because
wine's compobj dll doesn't implement the comarshalling
interface.  I've been told that's expected at this point.

- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com