Started playing with Wineserver on mingw/cygwin again

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Feb 5 20:55:27 CST 2003

> This is an interesting question. I know Ingo Molnar has been (one of) the
> main developer working on the glibc threading stuff, and I also know he
> used to follow the Wine project. I am sure he's not indifferent to our
> fate, and being so deeply involved with the glibc changes, he's probably
> an invaluable resource. Unfortunately, I'm not sure he's even aware of
> the problem -- has anyone contacted him? Anyone want to do so? (Dan? :))

I think it's safe to say the kernel and glibc team don't
want to cause undue trouble for wine.  If we run into serious
roadblocks trying to adapt, they will probably be willing
to help.  However, we have to act soon, before things get
even more frozen in place than they already are.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com