Looking for information on implemented API's in wine

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Fri Feb 14 15:09:37 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:59:50 -0800, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

>I can't but think that MySQL is way overkill.

Tha'ts true if you have to install it for just that purpose. Otherwise it is a
rather convenient way to handle this data and you don't have to write some
script for the queries. :)

>Let's define the queries we want to do, and see if awk isn't
>up to them :-)  It probably is, and it's far easier to

I don't think that you can't handle it with a script. :) And I also see the
point of users not wanting to install MySQL for such a small task. :)

>set up than MySQL.  Those who can't think in anything but SQL
>really should try learning the traditional unix programmer's
>workbench tools for relational database processing.

I have no problem with either. If it is in MySQL I can handle it and if it is
a flat file in an organized manner I can also handle it. I have written enough
shell scripts so I don't see any problem for that.
--
Gerhard Gruber

Für jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache Lösung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)