wrc: change -J to -I-

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Feb 26 13:31:02 CST 2003

Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com> writes:

> Is there a reason you're considering symvers rather than simply bumping
> the soname when ABI compatability is broken?
>
> Is it a case of "well wine is huge, so we can't really expect people to
> install multiple versions"? I think that's the reasoning the libc people
> use, but as the bulk of Wine is effectively abi stable anyway thanks to
> the 'soft, I don't see it as being such a big deal.

The wine internal libraries are still about a megabyte of code, and
it's silly to duplicate all of that whenever a single function
changes. Symbol versioning is much better solution to that problem,
and I don't see much reason for not using it (except on platforms that
don't support it of course).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com