argv[0] needs to be an absolute path

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jan 4 12:30:35 CST 2003

Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     >>  Did you check that it is CreateProcess that adds the absolute path?
>     >> I would guess the MS C Library will do it.
>
>     Dan> Not quite sure how to check.  Can you suggest a way?
>
> Run with relay and snoop on builtin and native msvcrt. Eventually instrument
> the builtin msvcrt with more debugging output.

(I assume by "eventually" you mean "possibly", given that your native tongue is german...)

>     >> Fiddling with CreateProcess needs good throught.
>
>     Dan> I have not as yet fiddled with CreateProcess, only with the code
>     Dan> that starts off the initial process when you run Wine, I think.
>
> There has been discussion on that subject before. Did you check that your
> problems is unrelated?

Can't find it in the archive.  Can you send me the URL?

> But don't take my arguments to serious;-)

I'm more worried about the fact that I haven't run the regression
tests on native Windows -- my first run of microsoft's api logger
under winxp suggests that argv[0] isn't always an absolute path
there!   (Yeah, that's easy to check without fancy tools, but
I ran the fancy tools to watch ShellExecuteA, and happened to
notice it.)  Also, I should probably run them with
native msvcrt under wine as you suggest.

I guess I should vow never to post a patch until I have a
conformance test to check it, and have run all conformance tests
under both Wine and at least one version of Windows (maybe both
win9x and winxp to be safe).
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel