OT: Possible Proformence Costs on Non-debug Builds

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 7 20:04:48 CST 2003

 --- Nathan Boyle <nhb316 at swirvemail.com> a écrit : > Why are there
20364 debug messages that get  compiled into the code
> even w/ debug messages turned off?
> They don't actually do anything when you configure w/
> --disable-debug, but shouldn't all those "if"s slow down execution
> incredibly?
> Why arn't the "if"s implemented in preprocessor directives?
> Please CC any replys to boylenate316 at aol.com, i am using my junk-mail
> account to send this b/c i cant send e-mails from the AOL website on
> Linux[IE specific tags probably], and waol.exe insists that i need it
> to install the dun/ras files and reboot whenever i try to run it
> under wine.
> NOTE: i just updated my Wine code from CVS and compiled about an hour
> ago..
>
> just another WindBlows X-tra P-ricey hater who misses WfW 3.11....
did you try to send it with mozilla or do you MUST send it on AOL
website ?
if you want get your mozilla detected as IE, you cant tweak the
preferences in $HOME/.mozilla to modify the agent string.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle
spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
ICQ #170597259

"Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus in Matrix, chapter 15.