Can't find MFC afx.h

John Westerman johnw at clearobjective.com.au
Tue Jan 7 22:40:54 CST 2003

Hi Everybody,

I'm currently trying to compile the basic Win32 "Hello world" project that
VC6 generates for you using Wine.

My problem is that when I run ./configure -with-wine=/usr/local/wine

It fails with the Message "checking for afx.h .... Could not find the MFC
includes"

However this file is located in /usr/local/wine/include/mfc.

I got afx.h and the other headers by directly copying them from my Dos
partition at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\Include

I have even renamed these files to be lowercase.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance,

John Westerman