Sound driver autodetection

Z_God zeldario at wanadoo.nl
Wed Jan 8 14:27:12 CST 2003

Op woensdag 8 januari 2003 20:51, schreef Eric Pouech:
> Things are a bit more complicated for aRts vs OSS for example where you
> get audio mixing/sharing with aRts and better RT capabilities (esp. for
> games) with OSS.

I'm currently playing StarCraft with the aRts driver and it seems to work
pretty good. Only the movies play a little slow, ingame everything is ok. (I
haven't tried any other driver yet so I don't know how the movies run with
the ALSA or OSS driver).
Setting aRts as default in case aRts is detected probably wouldn't cause any
problems with most apps. Games that really need the ALSA or OSS driver could
use an AppDefaults section.