tests for GetPrinterDriverDirectoryA

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Jan 13 11:42:51 CST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Stefan Leichter wrote:

> Am Sonntag 12 Januar 2003 02:43 schrieben Sie:
> >
> > I see this test has not been committed yet... I tested it and it works
> > on Win95, Win98, NT4 and XP. It's a much better score than some other
> > tests...
> >
> > However it fails on Wine:
> > info.c:25: Test failed: pcbNeeded set to 18 instead of 19
> > info.c:30: Test failed: pcbNeeded set to 18 instead of 19
> > info.c:34: Test failed: expected result == 0, got 18
> > info.c:35: Test failed: pcbNeeded set to 18 instead of 19
> > info.c:48: Test failed: expected result != 0, got 0
> > info.c:71: Test failed: expected result != 0, got 0
> >
> > The easy solution is to just wrap the relevant tests in a 'todo_wine'.
> > The better one is to fix Wine... Or if the fix is too long to do, wrap
> > with todo_wine now so the test can be committed now, and then fix Wine
> > and remove the relevant todo_wine statements after each fix.
>
> I will try to fix the function GetPrinterDriverDirectory soon. But how should
> wine behave ?
> 1. like NT/XP
> 2. like Win9x
> 3. like the setting "windows" of the section [Version] in the config file

When there are differences we usually try to conform to the Windows
NT/2000/XP behavior. However the above test passes on all Windows
platforms so I would assume that in this case it's just Wine that
behaves differently (unless the test already takes into account multiple
possible values for the various Windows platforms).

                            1 + e ^ ( i * pi ) = 0