[dx8 patch 12]: huge cleanup + split

Andrew John Hughes hughes2002 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 28 15:58:48 CST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:21:59 +0100 (CET)
Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> why not file a bug report to NVidia ?
> after all only THEIR headers dont work...
>
> > Including glext.h appears to break the DLL for me.  NVidia's GL
> > headers (gl.h) already define some of the
> > types specified in glext.h.  I presume X installs glext.h, but I've
> > not had a conflict between the two headers
> > before.
> >
> > In file included from d3d8_private.h:30,
> >                  from device.c:35:
> > /usr/local/include/GL/glext.h:3142: conflicting types for
> > `glCopyTexSubImage3DEXT'
> > /usr/local/include/GL/gl.h:2486: previous declaration of
> > `glCopyTexSubImage3DEXT'
> > /usr/local/include/GL/glext.h:3566: conflicting types for
> > `glColorSubTableEXT'
> > /usr/local/include/GL/gl.h:2446: previous declaration of
> > `glColorSubTableEXT'
> > /usr/local/include/GL/glext.h:4372: conflicting types for
> > `glTbufferMask3DFX'
> > /usr/local/include/GL/gl.h:2984: previous declaration of
> > `glTbufferMask3DFX'
> > /usr/local/include/GL/glext.h:4406: conflicting types for
> > `glTextureColorMaskSGIS'
> > /usr/local/include/GL/gl.h:3050: previous declaration of
> > `glTextureColorMaskSGIS'
> >
> > --
> > Andrew :-)
> >
> > Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
> > See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
> >
> > "Windows is the one true OS. MS invented the GUI. MS invented
> >    the 32 bit OS. MS is open and standard. MS loves you. We have
> >    always been at war with Oceania."
>
> > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature
>

> =====
> Sylvain Petreolle
> spetreolle at users.sourceforge.net
> Fight against Spam ! http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html
> ICQ #170597259
>
> "Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus, in "Matrix".

Fortunately, the problem is lessened by the fact that the headers don't appear
to be installed by default.  However, there is an incentive to replace the
X ones with the NVidia ones as they "contain the most up to date versions of
NVIDIA's OpenGL extensions".
Looking round their website, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to report the
conflict or give any feedback to them at all - I couldn't find any contact details.
Not suprising when you think that they must be the only company to supply executable headers
(implying that they are developed on a Win32 system).
It's not all bad though - in the Developer's corner of their web-site, there seem to be some
good examples of DirectX stuff, with source.  Might be useful for testing Wine... (although
I don't know the legalities - they jseem to be freely downloadable)
--
Andrew :-)