SMP on RedHat 9

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Jul 12 11:29:41 CDT 2003

I'm having major problems running some apps since upgrading from 7.3 to RedHat 9.

I think the problem could be that my PC is dual CPU.
Compiling wine with --with-ntpl does not help.

Most of the time I'm getting "Access violation" or "Page fault" errors. Some time
it's thread deadlocks.

The worst app so far is "The Bat!". It starts on 5th 10th attempt only. But only if
I'm running wine in "win98" mode. Running as "win2k" doesn't work at all. One time I
tried to start The Bat! 20 times. And it failed every time in different places.

Also running in limited desktop window 'Desktop="1024x768"' fails every time as well.

Any suggestions?

--
Best regards,
 Vitaliy