Sync (44): documentation/Makefile.in

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Thu Jul 17 14:33:59 CDT 2003

Le jeu 17/07/2003 à 14:22, Jon Griffiths a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've never had any luck with the default make rules for the html
> books. I'm running (more or less) Mandrake 8, and it seems that
> db2html from that distribution doesn't respect the current directory
> when computing relative paths, so it always fails to find the .dsl
> file and bombs. The following patch fixes this for me, and hopefully
> should work for everyone else too.

Yea, I know. You're not the only one.

> -	$(DB2HTML) -d $(SRCDIR)/default.dsl -o $* $<
> +	$(DB2HTML) -d `pwd $(SRCDIR)`/default.dsl $<

Why do you keep $(SRCDIR) after pwd? man bash and man pwd both say
nothing about giving pwd a path...

What's really needed is either use our own db2html (but that was struck
down already in the past), or test in configure the behaviour of the
system's db2html and act accordingly.

Also, ideally there'd be only one standard for db2htmls...

Vincent