Work for hire^H^H^H^Hgrade

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sun Jul 27 00:38:21 CDT 2003

Hi all,

A prof. in a locale university is doing a summer course about open
source development. I gave them a short power point lecture (on Linux
:-), and showed them IE running, and managed to hook one vulenteer to do
his assignment in Wine.

I have managed to interest him in some of open issues that are close to
my heart (i.e. - BiDi related issues). However, this is far from final.
I'm sure he would love to hear about other interesting areas, but some
criteria must be kept.

It must be a task that is moreorless self contained (he is supposed to
be graded for it at the end), and it must be something known to be
possible in a reasonable amount of hours (i.e - it can't be
"implementing MSI"). Then again, it can't be something too trivial (i.e.
- not "localize notepad").

Currently at hand are adding encoding selection to the font dlg (and
making it ANSI call Unicode in the process), and adding BiDi to the edit
control. If you feel you have something else that may be of interest to
him, feel free to try and grab him away :-)

                Shachar
P.S.
No, I have not dropped of the face of the planet, and I still read this
list. Just too busy to be doing anything useful (except hiring other
working hands, which may count for something, I guess). I'll be back,
though.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant